The Scarborough Stingers offer an entire program of elite baseball and quality instruction for young players in Scarborough, East Toronto and surrounding communities.
We develop good baseball players through solid fundamental instruction and attention to individual and team skills. Our teams will be competitive, but we also understand that baseball is a kids game at heart. We want our players to embrace the competitiveness of AAA baseball while having fun with their teammates and new friends.
“As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves.” Ken Griffey, Jr.
The Stingers play out of the Toronto Baseball Association and field AAA teams at all ages from Minor Mosquito through Junior. Please see our Teams page for links to information on each squad and the coaching contacts.
All Scarborough Stingers coaches are certified through the Ontario Baseball Association.
Player development and sportsmanship are just two of the commitments our dedicated coaching staffs make to players and parents who join our Scarborough Stingers AAA Baseball clubs. Read more in our Coaching Mandate.
Our season runs from May to the end of August with approximately 20 regular-season league games plus tournaments and playoffs. Tryouts are in September and teams practice indoors throughout the winter.
Our Coaching Mandate
The primary goal of our Scarborough Stingers coaches is to make a baseball season a summer to remember. Our teams will be competitive and we will emphasize the importance of good team play. Our players will be taught new baseball skills and improve on others. They will make a lot of friends and they will have a lot of fun.
Our group of qualified Stingers coaches accepts a serious responsibility to be teachers, mentors and role models for young baseball players. They coach because they love the game and enjoy teaching and developing the kids.
All Scarborough coaches are certified through the Ontario Baseball Association and are dedicated to sportsmanship, development, fun and fundamentals.
Our Coaching Mandate ensures that we:
- Offer competitive baseball
- Teach skills and develop good ball players
- Run well- structured, quality practices
- Win and lose as a team, and support each other as teammates
- Encourage players with positive and constructive feedback
- Ensure that all players are treated equally and fairly
- Communicate openly with players and parents
- Set ourselves as role models in how we act and what we say
- Never abuse our position, the players and on-field officials
- Respect all players, parents, the opposition and the umpires
- Work with them on focus, concentration and anticipation
- Help kids understand baseball strategies and intricacies
Please go to out Teams page to contact our coaches at all age levels.